Green Waffles with Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 15 min
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or any other neutral oil)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp detox latte mix
With you, every step of the wayCranberry Sauce
- Thoroughly rinse cranberries.
- Add cranberries, maple syrup, fresh orange juice + zest, water, and a cinnamon stick to a pot.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat.
- Stir frequently for 15-20 minutes as cranberries burst and a sauce is formed.
- Make sure to remove the cinnamon stick.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Make the flax egg by whisking together ground flax and water. Set aside ~5 minutes to form a gel-like consistency.
- In a high-speed blender, add banana, spinach, oats, flax eggs, oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking soda, and detox latte mix.
- Heat up a waffle iron and lightly oil. This recipe makes ~2 medium/large waffles or 4-5 mini waffles.
- Assemble waffles on a plate, top with cranberry sauce, and drizzle maple syrup. 5. Enjoy!